Teak Restoration Service
When placed outside teak will start to weather (or age), as soon as it is exposed to sunlight, air, and rain. Weathering is a totally normal process for teak, and the surface will gradually change to a soft, silver-grey tone as the pigments in the surface layer of the wood start to fade away.
Whilst the faded grey colour of teak furniture appeals to some people, others prefer the original look of teak. Fortunately, teak wood can be restored.
Everything Under the Sun offers an on-site Teak Restoration Service. For a fraction of the cost of purchasing new furniture, we can help bring your teak wood products back to life, and extend the life span of your furniture.
1. All products are given a comprehensive wash to remove dirt and pollutants.
2. Old stain, paint or coatings are removed as necessary. (please note it may be necessary to use a chemical paint remover if lacquer based coatings have been previously used).
3. The products are then sanded down to provide a smooth finish (either mechanical or manual sanding – this depends on the product).
4. Finally, we can apply a Teak Sealer to the teak, or leave the natural finish – as you prefer.
All of the work is carried out on site at your home or premises. All we need is an electrical supply and fresh running water (a hose pipe is perfect).
The minimum duration for the work is 2 working days on sunny days with no rain. It is important that the teak is completely dry before applying any new teak sealer. Teak sealer takes up to 24 hours to dry completely once applied.
Interested? Next Steps
In order for us to provide you with a detailed quotation, please send us via email the following information:
1. Photographs of ALL the products you wish to be refurnished. (It is important to see all items. Teak Refurbishment is a manual process and based on man-hours of work.)
2. Details of any coatings or stains you have applied to your teak wood. (This is important to best decide on how to remove them.)
3. Approximate age of your products (if known). Allow for 3 to 4 days for us to reply to you with a detailed quotation and expected time frame.